Sunday, October 4, 2009

Messing Around with Studio Lighting


For some photographers, like myself, there's nothing more fun than having a boat load of equipment at your disposal and simply getting the chance to play. This Friday I was lucky enough to stumble upon such an opportunity, but this time not with a new camera body or a tack-sharp lens. Instead, thanks to friend and photographer Chris Gregory, I ventured out of my safety zone and played around with studio lighting. This was more of a chance to dabble than to accomplish anything, a good way to waste a Friday afternoon, but it comes to show you that nice images can be made with the simplest intentions. No deadline, no one to please, just a couple photog's like kids in a candy store. Add in some of Chris' friends as models (Chris came to model a bit as well), and who coulda guessed, but some of the shots that came out I ended up really enjoying. I hope you enjoy them too.





No comments: