Thursday, January 29, 2009

The R4A: Some Quick Images


Over winter break my parents were nice enough to get me a new camera. For all those wondering, this wasn't some giant 200-million-billion megapixel beast that seems to be dominating the market... my request instead was for something that would make ME a better shooter, not for something that would necessarily make my shots LOOK better with less effort. For someone as young as me I feel that it's important to continue to shoot film, to continue in the tradition of all those famous photographers that lived and died by the 35mm frame. That is why when Santa came around he brought me a Bessa R4A... a tiny manual rangefinder with a fixed 35mm f/2.5 lens that weighs next to nothing.

From now on I plan to make film a regular part of my shooting habits... I think its important and well worth it. Here are a few shots from some test rolls I took back in California. Enjoy!






No comments: